Aeva is building the next generation of sensing and perception for autonomous vehicles and beyond. With its unique ability to measure instantaneous velocity for each pixel, long-range performance at high resolutions, while being free from LiDAR or sunlight interference, Aeva’s 4D LiDAR is built from the ground up at silicon photonics scale for mass-market applications.
This is an R&D Electronic Technician position that will support manufacturing operations for testing, debugging, and assembling printed circuit boards. In this role, you will help to perform rework on PCBA’s. You are required to follow procedures to test and debug PCB circuits, and possibly assemble PCB into our instruments in which optoelectronics/mechanical/software/firmware was integrated. You will help to load software/firmware and run prescribed test. You will also perform other work-related duties as assigned by a supervisor, such as debugging PCBA as needed.
What you'll do:
- Handy in soldering skill, capable of repairing and replacing components at board level.
- Able to handle ESD sensitive components.
- Repair/Troubleshoot defective product
- Assist engineering in building and testing prototypes
- Perform data collection and data analysis as needed
- Perform other work related activities as assigned
- Test product performance
What you have:
- Associates Degree (A.A.) in electronics from a two year college or technical school, equivalent military electronics school(s) and two years related experience and/or training
- Have extensive electronic bench testing experience with PCB boards down to the component level using oscilloscopes, digital multi-meters and spectrum analyzers.
- Able to read a variety of electronic schematics, diagrams and detailed electronic circuit procedure documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve result independently and work well with others
- Great communication & computer skills, proactive, self-starter, great attention to detail and organized
- Good understanding of engineering principles
- Ability to read, understand and interpret engineering drawings and process procedures
- Ability to recommend and implement improvements
- Excellent team player with exceptional communications skills, documentation capability and work ethic.
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and procedures closely while offering suggestions for continuous improvement
- Demonstrates safety consciousness and strives to address safety or process concerns when they arise
Nice to have:
- Fiber optical experience
- Experience with a start up environment
What's in ti for you:
- Be part of a fast paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation