Aeva is building the next generation of sensing and perception for autonomous vehicles and beyond. With its unique ability to measure instantaneous velocity for each pixel, long-range performance at high resolutions, while being free from LiDAR or sunlight interference, Aeva’s 4D LiDAR is built from the ground up at silicon photonics scale for mass-market applications.
We are looking for a Perception Software Engineer with experience developing DNN algorithms including CNNs (Convolutional Neural Networks) for feature detection and classification across a variety of perception sensing inputs. You will help with architecture definition, design, development and validation of our core perception software algorithms.
You will have the opportunity to research & develop superior new algorithm architectures made possible only with our new & unique data streams.
What you'll do
- As a Perception Software Engineer, you will design, develop & validate robust DNN algorithms for detection & recognition of features based in multiple sensing inputs
- You will work with entirely new input dimensions that are yet to exist and will develop algorithms for such new inputs
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate architecture & design documentation
- Help build a world-class AI team
What you have
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience
- Proven track record with developing & deploying DNN algorithms on robots systems including CNNs & RNNs
- Experience developing perception software algorithms with vision and point cloud inputs
- Fluent in Python and good understanding of C/C++
- Strong foundations in mathematics & statistics
- Exceptional ability to break-down and present complex problems to small audiences
- Experience deploying perception systems on edge devices.
- Multi-modal perception systems
- Experience with object motion & tracking algorithms
- Experience with classical computer vision techniques and point cloud processing
What's in it for you
- Be part of a fast paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecards