Aeva is building the next generation of sensing and perception for autonomous vehicles and beyond. With its unique ability to measure instantaneous velocity for each pixel, long-range performance at high resolutions, while being free from LiDAR or sunlight interference, Aeva’s 4D LiDAR is built from the ground up at silicon photonics scale for mass-market applications.
Aeva is seeking to hire a talented and motivated Hardware Engineer with Safety experience in the automotive space to be part of the Electrical Engineering Hardware Team. The EE HW team owns the design, build and bring up of Aeva’s power supply and mixed-signal PCBs. As the Hardware Safety Engineer, you will be responsible to review our designs and to develop and implement vehicle safety strategy into our circuit design process.
What you’ll be doing:
- Understand the circuit implemented on the PCB designs, its function and specification
- Work closely with EE engineer to review their designs from an automotive safety perspective and implement safety features
- Be familiar with ISO26262 functional safety standard
- Know qualitative and quantitative functional safety analysis for HW
- Be familiar with systematic and random FMEA
- Be familiar with FMEDA or FTA
- Have experience with dependable failure analysis
What you have:
- Master degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 6 years experience in PCB hardware design with focus on automotive safety
- Experience with ISO26262 functional safety standard
- Experience with FMEA/FMEDA
- Be an active team member working closely with EE engineers and other groups
- A big plus if u have worked on a functional safety project from beginning to end.
What’s in for you:
- Be part of an fast paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecard