Aeva is building the next generation of sensing and perception for autonomous vehicles and beyond. With its unique ability to measure instantaneous velocity for each pixel, long-range performance at high resolutions, while being free from LiDAR or sunlight interference, Aeva’s 4D LiDAR is built from the ground up at silicon photonics scale for mass-market applications.
We are currently looking for a Senior Laser Integration Engineer to drive III/V-Si laser integration projects.
What you'll be doing:
- Working cross-functionally with silicon photonics and laser design and NPI teams to solve III-V/Si integration challenges
- Working with external foundries to manage development, NPI, and pilot production builds.
- Drive DOEs for performance improvements of functional builds
- Implement corrective actions while working with cross-functional teams.
- Drive process/tool/hardware qualifications plans
- Other duties as assigned
What you have:
- 3+ years of experience with die attach tools, including but not limited to Amicra, K&S, Palomar, Ficontech
- Solid background with semiconductor device physics, either in III/V or Silicon space
- Comfortable analyzing large datasets
- Background in FMEAs, fishbone diagrams, statistical process control, and other quality engineering tools
- Can-do attitude with a solution-driven mindset in an ambiguous environment
- Experience with working in a fast-paced, agile environment
Nice to have:
- Experience with Silicon Photonics in either design or product development capacity
- Experience with high volume manufacturing of optoelectronics products
What's in it for you:
- Be part of an early start-up that's backed by industry-leading venture capitalists
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching a timecard
- Paid lunches, ping pong tournaments, and fun team off-sites