Aeva is building the next generation of sensing and perception for autonomous vehicles and beyond. With its unique ability to measure instantaneous velocity for each pixel, long-range performance at high resolutions, while being free from LiDAR or sunlight interference, Aeva’s 4D LiDAR is built from the ground up at silicon photonics scale for mass-market applications.
We are looking for a Test and Characterization Engineer to support optical and electromechanical design characterization and prototyping.
What you'll be doing:
- Designing and executing test plans for prototype hardware of next generation LiDAR technology.
- Conducting design of experiments and performing hands-on bench-top testing of optical components, subassemblies, and electromechanical actuators.
- Speccing and designing custom parts, equipment, and measurement setups
- Analyzing data and reporting results to inform critical design decisions.
What you have:
- 2+ years of experience with bench-top testing of optical or electromechanical components and assemblies.
- Experience with and knowledge of bench-top optics equipment and gaussian optics.
- Experience with power supplies and oscilloscopes
- Experience designing precision fixtures in CAD, and creating mechanical drawings and geometric tolerances. Solidworks experience preferred.
- Experience scripting and automating testing in Matlab or similar environment.
- A desire to learn, innovate, and express your ideas in a fast-moving collaborative environment.
- B.S. in Physics, Optical Sciences, EE, or equivalent.
Nice to have:
- M.S. with research experience in physics, optical sciences, or equivalent.
- Experience with high-precision (micron, sub-micron) optical alignment equipment.
- Experience with precision static and dynamic metrology equipment including OMM, CMM, laser vibrometry, sensofar, etc.
- Experience with ray-tracing software such as Zemax or FRED.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast-paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecards