Aeva is building the next generation of sensing and perception for autonomous vehicles and beyond. With its unique ability to measure instantaneous velocity for each pixel, long-range performance at high resolutions, while being free from LiDAR or sunlight interference, Aeva’s 4D LiDAR is built from the ground up at silicon photonics scale for mass-market applications.
We are looking for a photonics product engineer with validation and new product introduction (NPI) experience!
What you'll be doing:
- Interface with Photonics design, fabrication, hardware engineering, and product development teams to define validation plans and screening requirements to ensure that the module performance requirements are met.
- Ensure test plans are in place and coordinate test, verification, and drive debug with the test execution team.
- Perform statistical analysis of large data sets to characterize and improve performance.
- Work in close collaboration with the NPI program to meet product requirements based on test findings/analysis.
- Analyze device design and anticipate new test capabilities that will be required to improve designs.
- Works on R&D projects as required by the Photonics development team to support next-gen product development.
- Lead the re-engineering and transfer of prototype systems used for novel device characterization into systems used for high-throughput testing at contract manufacturing sites.
What you have:
- 5-10 years experience in NPI technology development for photonics products, and direct experience working with product development teams on product validation and test coverage requirements.
- Excellent knowledge of photonics device physics and performance metrics required.
- Proven team player with an ability to work effectively across departments.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate to broad, cross-functional teams and drive decisions.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of an early start-up that's backed by industry-leading venture capitalists
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching a timecard
- Paid lunches, ping pong tournaments, and fun team off-sites