Aeva is building the next generation of sensing and perception for autonomous vehicles and beyond. With its unique ability to measure instantaneous velocity for each pixel, long-range performance at high resolutions, while being free from LiDAR or sunlight interference, Aeva’s 4D LiDAR is built from the ground up at silicon photonics scale for mass-market applications.
As Director of Quality, you will be responsible for providing leadership across Aeva and its suppliers to ensure processes and actions are in place to drive for zero defects for components and products. The individual will lead a team of Quality Engineers to maintain a robust, end-to-end quality system as well as drive continuous improvements in the quality of components, products, and services within the supply base.
Additionally, the Director of Quality has responsibility for managing Aeva’s compliance with relevant ISO standards, policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements while ensuring the supply base is in compliance as well.
This role reports to the Vice President of Supply Chain.
What you'll be doing
- Oversee the overall quality strategy
- Manage a team responsible for providing on-site and remote support of manufacturers of electrical, mechanical and optical components
- Ensure suppliers are following agreed upon manufacturing and inspection processes
- Lead the execution of the supplier assessment and qualification processes within the Advanced Product Quality Process (APQP) framework
- Establish key metrics and performance indicators that measure supplier process capability and product quality
- Engage with Aeva’s customers to ensure product quality complies with customer requirements
What you'll need
- 10+ years of experience working as a supplier quality engineer in a fast-paced industry with a global supply base producing precision mechanical and optical components
- BS in Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience using CMM and OMM inspection equipment and PC-DMIS programming experience
- Deep understanding of problem solving tools including design of experiments, root cause analysis and statistical analytical tools (e.g. JMP)
- Demonstrated experience in supplier quality management and support including APQP, PPAP, 8D, etc.
- Robust understanding of 2D drawings and GD&T
- Experience with CAD tools (Solidworks knowledge is a plus)
- Experience with ISO and Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG) standards
- Advanced ability to communicate effectively and with impact across all levels from the front line to CEO and CTO
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time
What's in it for you
- Be part of a fast paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K + matching and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecards