Aeva is building the next generation of sensing and perception for autonomous vehicles and beyond. With its unique ability to measure instantaneous velocity for each pixel, long-range performance at high resolutions, while being free from LiDAR or sunlight interference, Aeva’s 4D LiDAR is built from the ground up at silicon photonics scale for mass-market applications.
Aeva is looking for an analog silicon validation engineer to join the growing custom analog design team. As a silicon validation engineer on the custom analog design team, you will work closely with the circuit design team on state-of-the-art analog circuits for FMCW LiDAR systems. In this role, you will work with a broad set of analog circuits including ADCs, DACs, PLLs, LDOs, Amplifiers, and DC-DC Converters. You will lead silicon validation, design custom hardware, develop automation software in Python/Matlab, and have a strong data-oriented approach to deliver robust silicon designs into mass production.
What you'll be doing:
- Developing Python or Matlab-based tests to measure silicon performance for analog circuits including ADCs, DACs, PLLs, Amplifiers, and another similar circuity.
- Work closely with the silicon design team to develop a comprehensive silicon validation plan and support debug of silicon issues to determine the root cause of measurable issues.
- Work with the EE team to support proper design integration of custom analog ICs into a LiDAR system.
- Develop validation hardware to enable silicon validation and performance characterization of critical analog circuits.
What you have:
- Knowledge of a broad set of analog circuits including ADCs, DACs, PLLs, amplifiers, and drivers.
- Prior experience interfacing with and utilizing electrical test equipment including high-speed signal generators, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes.
- Demonstrated experience using Python/Matlab for test automation, data visualization, and other similar applications.
- PCB design for high-speed mixed-signal systems.
- Understanding of silicon development process from tape-out to mass production.
- Prior experience working with mixed-signal ICs as a product engineer or test engineer.
- Knowledge of automotive qualification requirements and/or experience leading a chip from initial design to mass production.
- Experience working with high-speed ADCs for RF or other high-speed communication applications.
- Experience with LiDAR systems, lasers, etc.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecards