Aeva is building the next generation of sensing and perception for autonomous vehicles and beyond. With its unique ability to measure instantaneous velocity for each pixel, long-range performance at high resolutions, while being free from LiDAR or sunlight interference, Aeva’s 4D LiDAR is built from the ground up at silicon photonics scale for mass-market applications.
We are looking for a Test software engineer to automate systems used for photonics module validation and manufacturing!
What you'll do:
- Develop and deploy a standardized test software architecture for photonic test systems for wafer, die, boards, assemblies, and module.
- Work with the development team to test new features, converting initial manual test systems into new automated tests.
- Develop instrument drivers and integration of instrumentation used for semiconductor and photonic tests, custom driver boards, motion control, and vision systems.
- Build factory automation and user interfaces that meet CM requirements for systems deployed in the manufacturing line.
- Identify new automation best practices for our growing engineering team, ensuring that we can roll out frequent, robust releases.
- Develop unit test framework to ensure future changes do not affect existing tests.
- Work with data platform team to develop efficient data pipelines and help optimize database schema.
- Prepare and maintain documentation such as release notes for new builds, instrument driver features, and best practices for test method development.
- Setup and operate code repository with GitLab or Bitbucket. Responsible for the organization and structure of the codebase.
What you have:
- Strong python coding experience and previous experience as a test automation Engineer.
- Experience using software bug tracking systems, such as JIRA.
- Analytical and a fast learner, able to handle working on projects with unfamiliar technologies and programming languages.
- Prior experience with semiconductor and/or enterprise hardware such as microcontrollers, ASICs, and optical transceivers.
- Experience with GUI and web interface development.
- Experience working in a hardware product development company from NPI through manufacturing operations.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate to broad, cross-functional teams and drive decisions.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecards