We are looking for an experienced Desktop manager to lead our growing IT team here at Aeva! The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of providing superior desk-side support and a minimum of 3 years people management experience. This is a multifaceted role and will work cross-functionally with all teams at Aeva.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage the Desk-side/IT team, including setting priorities and coordinating the reporting of group activities.
- Collaborate with customer base to understand users and individual team needs.
- Identify, develop, and implement user centric solutions. Ensuring solutions are robust, scalable, and efficient.
- Interface and mange vendor relations.
- Automate repetitive desk-side tasks using Ansible, Jenkins, and AWX.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, & repair conferencing equipment, user laptops, printers, VOIP phone, etc.
- Maintain IT asset data when applicable. (Serial numbers, software keys, Mac
- and IP addresses, etc.)
- Work with Security to understand best practices and implement measures across the user environment.
- In cooperation with other teams, develop a roadmap that covers hardware, software, purchasing, and overall direction of the Desk-side/IT team for the year.
- Manage tickets and make sure team is moving to get things done in a complex user ecosystem.
- Respond to and/or redirect user and management questions concerning general PC operation, applications, email, connectivity, and related issues.
- Technology related research, deployment, maintenance, and management as directed.
- MDM solution experience
What you have:
- 10+ years in IT as desk-side support or equivalent
- 3+ years in IT supervisor, team lead, or project management position
- Managed large projects with many moving parts
- OSX, Ubuntu, and Windows experience
- Experience with Linux
- Hands on experience with Atlassian, GSuite, Slack, WebEx, etc.
- Troubleshooting expert
- Love of Documentation
- Agile methodology
- Team player, with a can-do attitude!
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecards