Aeva is building the next generation of sensing and perception for autonomous vehicles and beyond. With its unique ability to measure instantaneous velocity for each pixel, long-range performance at high resolutions, while being free from LiDAR or sunlight interference, Aeva’s 4D LiDAR is built from the ground up at silicon photonics scale for mass-market applications.
We are looking for a Manager to lead and help grow our Electromechanical Design Team, responsible for the development of new LiDAR scanning systems.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead the design and qualification of precision electromechanical actuators and control systems.
- Manage and provide mentorship to engineers on your team, ensuring both individual growth and development as well as project success.
- Act as a cross functional leader, and clear roadblocks to ensure the larger team is successful. Ensure specs and interfaces are clearly communicated across other disciplines including EE, software, and ME.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of development including design, supplier oversight, build and validation support, and reliability test plans/FA.
- Drive design reviews, evaluate technical design direction, and support design with CAD, analysis, coding, and hands-on development when needed.
- Work with EPMs to set project schedule and budget.
- Identify hiring needs and drive recruiting as needed.
What you have:
- 3+ years experience managing, leading, or developing individuals and groups, with proven ability to make others successful.
- 7+ years of experience designing precision electromechanical subassemblies and control systems shipped in mass production.
- Knowledge of mass production manufacturing processes including stamping, forging, casting, CNC; assembly processes including winding, bonding, welding, swaging, etc.
- Experience designing complex assemblies in CAD and releasing detailed drawings (Solidworks preferred).
- Strong knowledge of bearings, coatings, lubricants, seals, brushless motors, VCM coil design, and encoders.
- Knowledge of digital controller design techniques and real-world experience implementing precision motion control.
- A passion for making great products, challenging yourself and others, and developing talented engineers.
- B.S. in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
Nice to have:
- M.S. with focus in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, mechatronics, controls, or robotics.
- Experience building an engineering team from the ground up at a startup or “skunkworks” initiative at an established company.
- Experience designing automotive components.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecards