Aeva is building the next generation of sensing and perception for autonomous vehicles and beyond. With its unique ability to measure instantaneous velocity for each pixel, long-range performance at high resolutions, while being free from LiDAR or sunlight interference, Aeva’s 4D LiDAR is built from the ground up at silicon photonics scale for mass-market applications.
We are looking for a Supply Quality Engineer to join our core Quality team! You will have total ownership of supplier quality through the entire life cycle, from initial sourcing through development, tooling, and industrialization phases as well as product launch and ongoing business management.
What you'll do:
- Establish new product quality control standards & process controls with engineers.
- Ensure strong implementation & ongoing execution by CM manufacturing partners
- Perform supplier audits and site inspections.
- Manage and coordinate customer and 3rd party visits and audits including communication and tracking of action items
- Create and implement departmental processes such as control plans and site audits from scratch to build a world class Supply Chain organization.
- Develop, manage and improve the APQP (advanced produce quality planning) process with suppliers from initial design stage through PPAP submission and start of mass production.
- Develop quality plans, design test methods and gages, identify potential failure modes and process weaknesses and drive corrective actions.
- Investigate supplier quality issues to determine root cause, conduct incoming parts inspections as needed and identify and implement corrective actions.
- Perform first article inspection for electronic and mechanical parts
- Guide Engineering development to ensure manufacturing needs are considered in the design phase and that proper quality expectations are defined. Help select appropriate suppliers with the right qualifications to meet Aeva’s expectations and timeline.
What you have:
- Bachelor of Science degree from a leading university in electrical engineering, quality, or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience in a supply quality management, ISO9001 compliance, ISO/TS 16949, change control process, product compliance and related processes
- Self- starter with the ability to adapt, improvise and problem solve, as well manage multiple tasks and projects and concisely explain complex issues supported with data
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes and process control
- Experienced in bringing up new supplies and new products
- Expert in APQP, PPAP documentation, DFMEA, and PFMEA
- Knowledge of ISO26262, and other automotive electronics quality and functional system requirements desired
- Process audit experience to industry accepted standards, i.e.. VDA6.3, ISO9001, IATF16949
- Expert in Statistical Quality Control, quality problem solving methods such as fishbone diagrams, inspection methods, measurement system analysis, SPC, gage R&R, and DOE
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Certification preferred – American Society for Quality, Black Belt, Six Sigma, etc.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge and work experience with Optical systems
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to define problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusion
- Effective communication and strong technical writing skills
- Self motivated, work independently, and knows when to seek guidance
- six sigma green or black belt
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecards