Aeva is building the next generation of sensing and perception for autonomous vehicles and beyond. With its unique ability to measure instantaneous velocity for each pixel, long-range performance at high resolutions, while being free from LiDAR or sunlight interference, Aeva’s 4D LiDAR is built from the ground up at silicon photonics scale for mass-market applications.
We are looking for a test engineering leader to own the development of Aeva’s system-level volume production test program and infrastructure.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop and execute a roadmap for the system-level test program and infrastructure that aligns with Aeva’s production targets.
- Prioritize and implement feature development in test software and hardware driven by manufacturing data.
- Develop and execute a process for verifying test software and hardware features before release to production.
- Achieve test process automation sufficient to meet Aeva’s quality, volume, and cost requirements.
What you'll have:
- BS or greater in a relevant field
- 10+ years experience developing test processes and infrastructure for complex, high performance electronic products
- 5+ years experience as a hands-on team leader with direct reports
- 5+ years experience developing software frameworks for test automation
- Hands-on experience with ramping a manufacturing test program from initial prototype to automotive or consumer electronics volume
- Experience working with contract manufacturing partners
- Computer operating system and networking skills including command line tools and LAN troubleshooting
- Physics and signal processing fundamentals necessary to develop a deep understanding of 4D LIDAR and the impact of manufacturing variability on its performance
- Experience manually operating test equipment e.g. oscilloscopes and power supplies
- Experience with mid to high volume production testing of electro-optical sensor systems
- Excellent software engineering process knowledge including version control, release engineering, test-driven development, and Agile
- Strong programming abilities in Python, C++, or MATLAB
- Familiarity with automotive LIDAR performance requirements
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecards