Aeva is building the next generation of sensing and perception for autonomous vehicles and beyond. With its unique ability to measure instantaneous velocity for each pixel, long-range performance at high resolutions, while being free from LiDAR or sunlight interference, Aeva’s 4D LiDAR is built from the ground up at silicon photonics scale for mass-market applications.
We are looking for an Opto-Mechanical Lead/Manager to drive Opto-Mechanical designs and carry them from prototype to production.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading mechanical development of products including execution on architecture, concept, design, drawings, FEA analysis, tolerance analysis, vendor selection, part evaluation, and product builds.
- Developing cutting edge Silicon Photonics (SiP) and free space optics optoelectronic devices utilizing miniature optics, sub-micron alignments, and micron level passive placements
- Integration of mechanical, optical, and electrical components.
- Fixture design and development ranging from prototype to production.
- Leading reviews of mechanical development activities
- Interacting with CMs and suppliers to provide mechanical support for manufacturing of parts and products
What you have:
- Minimum of BS degree in Mechanical Engineering with 10+ years of experience in related engineering roles
- Minimum 5+ years in a technical leadership role
- Experience with detail design, development and validation of mechanical assemblies for prototype volumes to mass manufacturing
- Solid understanding of design for assembly and integration in complex optoelectronic devices including tolerance stack analysis
- Knowledge in manufacturing processes for assembly of optoelectronic devices (die attach, wirebond, precision passive alignment, active alignment, hermetic sealing)
- Experience in design for manufacturing across the entire product life cycle from concept thru volume production
- Knowledge of part manufacturing processes such as plastic injection molding, machining, thin film and thick film ceramics, HTCC ceramics, and ceramic ferrules is desirable.
Nice to have:
- Management experience leading a team of mechanical engineers
- Prototype and production equipment design experience
- Telecommunications TOSA and ROSA design experience
- Manufacturing experience of optoelectronic devices
- Geometric optics knowledge
- Solidworks design experience
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecards