Aeva is building the next generation of sensing and perception for autonomous vehicles and beyond. With its unique ability to measure instantaneous velocity for each pixel, long-range performance at high resolutions, while being free from LiDAR or sunlight interference, Aeva’s 4D LiDAR is built from the ground up at silicon photonics scale for mass-market applications.
We are looking for an experienced photonics test technician for Aeva’s in-house validation lab.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for operating testers for characterizing photonics components such as laser, optical amplifier, circuits, subassemblies, and modules.
- Responsible for screening photonic circuits and modules in the NPI line.
- Perform test station integration such as test fixture assembly, optical and electrical instrumentation connections, probe card, and fiber coupler installation.
- Run test system debugs and gauge repeatability and reproducibility tests while recording results.
- Perform PCB rework and assembly such as soldering and board repair.
- Work with test engineering and lab management to document standard operating procedures for new test stations.
- Maintain lab inventories and interact with vendors to assist with the procurement of essential lab supplies
What you'll have:
- 5+ years of experience in testing photonic devices, PICs, and optical modules in a development/NPI environment.
- Hands-on experience with fiber and lens alignment and electrical device characterization.
- Experience with laser and photonics test systems such as wafer, bar, and chip/die testers.
- Experience with operating optical/electrical test instruments such as OSA, tunable lasers, detectors, polarization controllers, power supplies, and RF instruments.
- Must be detailed oriented, follows documented procedures and engineering instructions, and observe required lab safety protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate test findings
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecards