Aeva is building the next generation of sensing and perception for autonomous vehicles and beyond. With its unique ability to measure instantaneous velocity for each pixel, long-range performance at high resolutions, while being free from LiDAR or sunlight interference, Aeva’s 4D LiDAR is built from the ground up at silicon photonics scale for mass-market applications.
Aeva is seeking to hire a talented and motivated Lead for the Systems and Hardware Engineering group of the EE HW team. The EE HW team owns the design, build and bringup of Aeva’s power supply and mixed signal PCBs. As the System Hardware Engineering Lead you will be responsible to develop a System Architecture of our Lidar system based on marketing requirements. You will be working closely with all EE engineers to define the individual PCBs, their functions and interconnections.
What you’ll be doing:
- Deep understanding of a LIDAR system (HW and SW) and it’s individual components
- Break down marketing requirement into an architecture and EE PCB designs and their interconnections
- Work closely with EE engineer to review their designs in terms of function and layout placement
- Optimize architecture design to reduce HW and SW complexity
- Own some of the PCBs of a Lidar system from schematic through layout, fabrication and bringup
What you have:
- Master or PH.D. degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 10 years experience in System level HW design from architecture to implementation, prototyping and bringup all the way to high volume production
- Deep understanding of HW components, their interfaces and SW controls
- Good understanding of communication protocols (I2C, SPI, UART, Ethernet, PCIE etc).
- Released several complex, multi PCB design into high volume production
- Be an active team member working closely with other EE engineers and other groups
- A big plus if you have experience in Lidar design
What’s in for you:
- Be part of an fast paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecard